To comply with California Assembly Bill (AB) 1565, which went into effect of January 1, 2014, all General Contractors and M/E/P Subcontractors are required to be pre-qualified, if the contract is valued at $1 million or more and funded in whole or in part with State Facility Bond funds. Compton Unified School District requires all General Contractors (if the bid package will include M/E/P categories listed below), M/E/P Subcontractors and all miscellaneous trade contractors to be pre-qualified.
This applies to the following license classifications:
- General Contractors (A and B) only if their bid package will include the M/E/P categories listed below or any General Contractor bidding the miscellaneous trade package.
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing subcontractors (C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-42, C-43, and C-46).
- Miscellaneous Trade Package.
Compton Unified School District shall process all pre-qualification application at QualityBidders.com. Quality Bidders is a web-based online application, fast, simple, safe and easy to use.
1. To get started, please visit http://www.qualitybidders.com, and review the instructions. The District must receive applications at least (10) business days prior to the scheduled bid opening on any advertised project in order for the candidate to qualify for a project in excess of $1,000,000 and partially funded by the State. Pre-qualification approval will remain valid for one (1) calendar year from the date of notice qualification except as noted in the pre-qualification documents.
2. Once you have been approved, you will receive an email indication your approval, expiration date and bidding limit.
Please contact Deborah Spottsville at (310) 639-4321 ext. 67630 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. You may also contact email@example.com with any questions about the use of the Quality Bidders web-based tool.