CUSD High School Graduations - Class of 2021
IClick Here For The Spanish Version
About The Event
All High School Graduations will take place on Monday June 14, at the Dominguez High School’s Football Field. The event will be an in-person graduation ceremony, where students will be seated 6 feet apart. Please note that the district will be following all county guidelines for this outdoor event that includes social distancing. entry screenings upon entering the facility, wearing an appropriate face covering that fully covers the mouth and nose at all times on CUSD premises. Similarly, guests will also need to maintain appropriate physical distance (at least six feet) between themselves and all others not in their audience group. Guests will not be able to enter campus if they have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days, have had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
Times for each respective high school will be the following below. We ask that parents arrive no earlier than 1 hour before graduation, to allow us ample time to finalize the previous graduation and receive the incoming graduation.
-> Early College High School: 8:00am-9:00am
-> Compton High School: 11:00am-12:00pm
-> Centennial High School: 2:00pm-3:00pm
-> Dominguez High School: 5:00pm-6:00pm
Address: 15301 S. San Jose Avenue, Compton, CA 90221
Know Before You Go
- For your safety and to preserve our newly installed football fields, high heels will not be allowed for both guests and students
- Given the nature of this outdoor event, sunscreen, hats, and protective sun wear are recommended. Please be aware of weather conditions and plan accordingly
- Balloons, or large signs that will obstruct guest views will not be allowed
- Confetti, Poppers or Streamers will not be allowed
- No large bags allowed, only diaper bags and small purses
- No air horns to ensure that all graduate names are heard
We ask that graduates arrive an hour before the ceremony to ensure that they can line up in the correct marching sequence and have their name called in the appropriate order. Students must wear their Cap & Gown, face mask that will be issued by their school site. Also, to ensure the safety of our students and football field, high heels will not be allowed.
Given the limited amount of tickets being distributed due to the pandemic and to accommodate guests who wish to attend virtually, we will be streaming the graduation live. You can access it by clicking the link below.
Each guest must present a valid guest ticket in order to enter the ceremony. Guests without tickets will not be allowed to enter. The event will be limited given county public health guidelines.
- See video above on how to access your tickets.
- Make sure you use the weblink specific to your school that your school will provide to students.
- Make sure you don’t share your access code with anyone else. Your school will provide the access code to graduating students.
- You and your guests must abide by all social distancing protocols found on the CUSD HS graduation web page. This includes ensuring that any out of state guests provide full proof of vaccination. Any out of state guests must provide full proof of vaccination to school prior to the graduation.
- You must enter all information for every guest that you will be providing a ticket for.
- See video above on how guests will access tickets.
- You will need to do this for each of your guests.
- See video above how guests will validate tickets.
- Please let your guests know that they cannot redeem their tickets before the event. They need to redeem their tickets at the check in area before entering the football stadium the day of graduation.
Out of State Guests
California residents must attest that they are residents and that all the members of the party will be in-state visitors. The current California State guidelines for in-person commencement events are specific that guests from outside of California, regardless of age, may only attend if they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tickets may only be distributed to California residents, except that out-of-state persons may visit or attend if they are fully vaccinated, as described below.
Out of state attendees must also attest that all persons within the party who will attend the event are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to comply with these guidelines, out of state guests, regardless of age, will be required to present proof of vaccination (photo ID and vaccine card from your healthcare provider (either as a photo or document including the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccination and date the last dose was administered), on-site prior to entering the graduation.
Parking will be limited given the allotted parking that our facilities can accommodate. We ask that families come in 1 car and when feasible walk to the graduation for families who live nearby.
Here are the parking locations that will be made available 1 hour before each event:
- Dominguez HS Lot 2 (see map below)
- Enter Via Hunsaker Traveling South)
- Clinton Elementary Lot 3 & 4 (see map below)
- Entry - Clinton Elem Somerset East
- Chapel of Change Church - Lot 5 (see map below)
- Entry - Alondra Entry West
- Additional Parking located on Alondra & Hunsaker
- Compton Golf Course - Lot 6 (See Map Below)
- Additional street parking will be available on Alondra and Hunsaker
Dominguez HS Parking Lot 2 Map (PDF) Clinton Elementary Lot 3 Map (PDF) Chapel of Change Church Lot 4 Map (PDF) Golf Course Parking Lot 6 (PDF)
***For guests seeking handicap parking, please use Lot 2.***
Family Reunification (After Graduation is Over)
While we have allotted time in between each graduation, we are hoping to clear the campus with all attendees within the hour to ensure that the next set of graduates, parents and vehicles are all able to come on campus in a safe and secure manner. We thank you in advance for exiting the premises right after the graduation is over.
Health & Safety Attestation
- I agree and attest that I have reviewed CUSD’s COVID-19 health and safety. protocols, that I will share this information with any guests, and that I and my guests agree to abide by the CUSD’s COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- I will not enter CUSD’s campus and/or facilities if I have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days, have had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days, have been directed by a health care provider, or public health officer to isolate or quarantine, or am experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, including chills, fever of 100 degrees or higher, loss of taste or smell, muscle soreness, headaches, fatigue, cough, runny nose, sore throat, congestion, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, conjunctivitis, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.
- I will wear an appropriate face covering that fully covers the mouth and nose at all times on CUSD premises, except while actively eating or drinking.
- I will maintain appropriate physical distance (at least six feet) between myself and all others not in my audience group.
- I will agree to notify CUSD immediately if I test positive for COVID-19.
- Do children count towards my guests?
- Children over 2 years old will require their own ticket and seat. Any child under 2 years old must be seated on the ticket holder’s lap during the event.
- Will the ceremonies be broadcast for those unable to attend?
- Yes, for those who cannot join us, all in-person activities will be broadcast online, live here.
- What qualifies as fully vaccinated?
- An individual is considered fully vaccinated only (1) two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series (e.g., Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech) or (2) two weeks or more after they have received a single dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson / Janssen). This can include any other COVID-19 vaccine which has received emergency use authorization by the World Health Organization or another national regulatory organization.