Credential Renewal maybe done online only. Please refer to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing website for the latest information regarding California Credential requirements. The renewal process for your Clear, Professional, or Professional Clear Credential, or reissuance of your 30-Day Substitute Permit can be submitted on-line with the use of a major credit card. Begin by visiting the CCTC credential renewal web site.
- Enter your social security number and date of birth.
- Select the renew box next to the credential(s) that you wish to renew.
- If you have a professional clear credential you will need to enter information for the self-verification process. If you hold a 30-Day Substitute Permit, a Clear, or a Professional Credential the system will take you directly to step 4.
- Answer the Personal and Professional Fitness questions. If you answer yes to a question, a full explanation is required in the text box provided.
- Complete all required fields to process your payment. Enter a confirmation email address. You will receive an email confirmation shortly thereafter- please forward this confirmation notice to Human Resources office. When you receive your renewal credential, bring it in so we can make a copy and update your records- or copy both sides and send the copy to Human Resources.
- Print the confirmation of payment page for your records and record tour confirmation number.