The Compton Unified School District is located in the south central region of Los Angeles County, California, and encompasses the city of Compton and portions of the cities of Carson and Los Angeles. The district currently serves nearly 26,000 students at 40 sites: twenty-four elementary schools, eight middle schools, three comprehensive high schools and five alternative schools.
The mission of the Compton Unified School District is to empower leaders to lead, teachers to teach and students to learn by fostering an environment that encourages leaders and teachers to be visionary, innovative and accountable for the achievement of all students.
1. Promote a safe and healthy environment in every school.
2. Provide equal education for every child.
3. Ensure that every child has access to technological opportunities.
4. Continue to maintain high expectations and high student achievement, and hold personnel accountable for student success.
5. Improve team efforts by enhancing employee communications and collaboration.
6. Embrace and celebrate the diversity of our district.
7. Build, foster and promote partnerships with parents and the community.
8. Maintain facilities; plan and promote capital improvements.
- We believe all children will learn at higher levels.
- We believe schools have an enormous impact on children's lives.
- We believe that all children shall be educated in a safe and orderly environment.
- We believe all children will reach their learning potential and that the achievement gap can be eliminated.
- We believe the Compton Unified School District will become a high performing organization.